Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gift or inheritance?

Genesis 25:5 - "...Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac" "But unto the sons of the concubines, which Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts..."

There are difference between the sons of God. Abraham had Isaac and also other sons, still Isaac received all that he had. There is a difference between the Bride and the rest of the Body of Christ. All of them are the children of God, but not all of them is the Bride, therefore the reward is not everybody's.

Only the Bride receives the inheritance, the reward of the Father. What happens with the rest of the body? They can keep their gifts, because the gifts of God is without repentance. They still have the gift of eternal life, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Rom. 6:23). They will go to heaven, but will miss out on the precious reward. They could have their other kinds of gifts on this earth also until the perfection of the saints, like the gift of prophecy, gift of tongue, etc, but still they can't enter into their inheritance. ( "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt. 7:22-23)

Gift is something that we just receive, and never be taken from us, but the inheritance is something, that has to be earned to be received. Col. 3:24 - " ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done..." Inheritance is something that we can miss out before we receive it like Esau did.

We need to be an over comer to receive it. And these are the things that we could receive if we overcome:
a. "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life..." - To these will be given resurrection power. (Rev. 2:7)
b. "He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." - Speaks of escaping judgment. (Rev. 2:11)
c. "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." - To those given a special ability to receive great mysteries, revelation of Jesus, that never before revealed. (Rev. 2:17)
d. "And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father." (Rev. 2:26-27)- Psalms 2:8-9 - "Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." They receive power like Jesus did, and the also shall rule over nations.
e. "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;" - They shall be perfect and holy as He is, and they shall attend the marriage feast, because the requirement of the Bride is a white dress and they have it. (Rev. 3:5)
f. "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." (Rev. 3:12) - The'll be the part of the group of the manifest sons of God on this earth.
g. " To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." - They'll have complete dominion over all with God, and they will judge with God. (Rev. 3:21)

The over comers (Bride) are kings and priests unto God - "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." (Rev. 1:6) " And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." (Rev. 5:10)



So back to the gifts...

2. Chronicles 21:3 - "And their father gave them great gifts of silver, and of gold, and of precious things, with fenced cities in Judah: but the kingdom gave he to Jehoram; because he was the firstborn."

Esther 2:18 - "Then the king made a great feast unto all his princes and his servants, even Esther's feast; and he made a release to the provinces, and gave gifts, according to the state of the king."

Eph. 4.8 - "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men."

The Bride will have all that Jesus has, but the rest of the body only receive gifts. "So run, that ye may obtain." (1. Cor. 9:24)


No comments:

Post a Comment